pH balance and health
How does pH balance affect my health?
pH is a measure of acidity from 0 to 14, 0 being extremely acidic, 14 being highly alkaline, and 7 being neutral. pH balance means maintaining the normal pH that is found in nature. The healthy vagina has a normal pH of 3.5 - 4.5, which is acidic. This level of acidity keeps the bacteria of the vagina in check. Keeping your vagina pH-balanced is important because a the natural pH balance helps prevent conditions such as:
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Bacterial vaginosis (BV)
- Yeast infections
- Increased risk of toxic shock syndrome (TSS)
- Overgrowth of Candida albicans fungus
Why should I be concerned about pH balance?
Ingredients in some feminine hygiene products such as tampons and douches can alter the pH of the vagina. However, Instead Softcup does not change the natural pH of the vagina. Softcup is a body-friendly, pH-balanced sanitary protection option.
- Softcup does not contain pH-altering ingredients
- Softcup does not absorb the body’s natural moisture
- Softcup maintains the natural vaginal environment
- Softcup does not promote the growth of bacteria
- Softcup is a healthy option for a pH-balanced vagina
Like us on Facebook
Get our Newsletter
Softcup's monthly newsletter is an easy way to stay informed about news, events, promos, and all things Softcup!